Tuesday 1 November 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Okay, so I really fancy having a go at writing for a website, all regular-like, and the excellent up-and-coming gay gal website When Sally Met Sally is looking for writers. So far, so fabulous - but what on earth am I going to write about?

There are so many things I'm interested in that it's difficult to specify just one thing - I love music, gaming, TV etc, but I can't help but worry if these kind of things have been done before. I mean, I could do a weekly article on new game releases or something, possibly doing reviews etc, but I don't really have the disposable income to buy oodles of new games when they come out, which is kind of a pre-requisite for reviewing them...

Then there's TV. I love TV with all the energy the fangirl inside me can muster. Maybe something like 'Fangirl Fridays', a review of the week's happenings in TV? That sounds alright, actually. I think I just answered my own question, which means I'll be watching even more TV from now on. Good times!

In other news, today is the start of NaNoWriMo, and I made the split second decision at approximately 7.15am this morning (after being in work a mere 15 minutes) to join in again this year - if you wanna be writing buddies, feel free to add me: madascheese :). I'm a veteran of the 'joining in and trying' club, having tried since 2008, but I have never won it. Not even once. Embarrassing. I'm not going to bother to vow that this year will be different, but I like to think I've got an ace up my sleeve with the wondrous magic that is WriteChain, a marvellous little iPhone app that encourages you to write a set number of words each day and not to break the chain. I don't think anything happens if you do break the chain, though I think the threat the app booting to show a sad face might make me feel guilty enough to not do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment